Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Mon January 6, 2014
Tough To Make Ends Meet Even With Unemployment Benefits
Originally published on Mon January 6, 2014 7:03 am
Congress returns to Washington this week, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has pledged the first item on the agenda will be restoring long-term unemployment benefits. Those benefits expired last week, and an estimated 1.3 million people stopped receiving checks.