Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Mon January 21, 2013
Top Stories: Inauguration Day; 'MLK' Day; And The Super Bowl Is Set
It's Inauguration Day in the U.S., and that's going to require much of our attention today. But as always, there is other news.
Our early headlines:
Other top stories:
-- Manti Te'o, Notre Dame Football Player At Center Of "Hoax," To Go On Camera With Katie Couric; Broadcast To Be On Thursday. (KatieCouric.com)
-- India's Supreme Court Agrees To Hear Plea From Defense Attorney To Move Gang Rape/Murder Trial Out Of New Delhi. (NPR's Julie McCarthy reporting on news from the Press Trust of India.)
-- "Officials: New Mexico Teen Fatally Shot Own Family;" Two Adults, Three Children Killed. (KOB-TV)
-- Investigators Visit Manufacturer Of Boeing 787 Dreamliner's Batteries. (Reuters
-- It's Also Martin Luther King Jr. Day; Here Are "Three Great Books To Read." (The Wall Street Journal)