Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Arts & Life
Thu September 13, 2012
Today's Birthday: Clara Schumann
" One of the most distinguished composers of the Romantic Era".-unknown
Clara Schumann, composer and musician, was born 193 years ago leaving a legacy that truly added to the Romantic Era. Her father, who took great notice of her gift, mapped out her career to the "nth" degree. She fell in love and married Robert Schumann, in whom her father disapproved of. Later, Robert's health is cast into illness, leaving Clara to support herself and her family. Partnering with some of the leading musicians and composers of this time, she was able to provide for her family while also infusing "tasteful" and "dramatic" texture and color into classical music! So enjoy the stylings of Clara Schumann! You do not want to miss this!
"Composing gives me great pleasure... there is nothing that surpasses the joy of creation, if only because through it one wins hours of self-forgetfulness, when one lives in a world of sound."