Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Shots - Health Blog
Fri June 8, 2012
Tips For A Healthy Summer With Your Kids
Originally published on Wed June 13, 2012 7:08 am
The days are getting longer, and the kids are getting antsier.
Summer must be right around the corner.
So earlier this week, we led a chat on Twitter with Dr. Robert Block, a pediatrician who is president of the American Academy of Pediatrics, about some tips for a healthier summer.
In an action-packed half-hour, he tackled questions ranging from how to pick a sunscreen to how to get kids to eat better.
Here are some highlights from the chat, which was tagged #nprkids, on Twitter.