Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Thu August 9, 2012
Thanks For Nothing, Stephen: Colbert Spoils The Wiki Veep Indicator
Originally published on Fri August 10, 2012 11:11 am
Well, tracking changes to prominent politicians' Wikipedia pages had been one way of trying to get advance notice of Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney's vice presidential pick.
But then Stephen Colbert just had to tell his Nation to start messing around with some of those veep possibilities' Wiki pages.
So now Wikipedia has protected pages such as those for Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty out of fear of "vandalism."
Thanks, Stephen. Now what will bloggers do? Report?
Update at 12:10 p.m. ET, Aug. 10. Romney's Page Too:
As the BBC points out, Wikipedia has had to lock down Romney's page as well.