Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Thu August 9, 2012
Thanks For Nothing, Stephen: Colbert Spoils The Wiki Veep Indicator
Originally published on Fri August 10, 2012 11:11 am
Well, tracking changes to prominent politicians' Wikipedia pages had been one way of trying to get advance notice of Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney's vice presidential pick.
But then Stephen Colbert just had to tell his Nation to start messing around with some of those veep possibilities' Wiki pages.
So now Wikipedia has protected pages such as those for Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty out of fear of "vandalism."
Thanks, Stephen. Now what will bloggers do? Report?
Update at 12:10 p.m. ET, Aug. 10. Romney's Page Too:
As the BBC points out, Wikipedia has had to lock down Romney's page as well.