Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Wed May 7, 2014
Tax Deadlines Delayed In 4 Alabama Counties
Victims of the severe storms and flooding last week in Alabama may qualify for some tax relief.
The Internal Revenue Service says the four counties declared disaster areas by the president - Limestone, Jefferson, Lee and Baldwin - also qualify for extended tax deadlines.
The IRS says some tax deadlines between April 28 and Oct. 15 have been postponed to Oct. 15. This includes the May 15 deadline for tax-exempt organizations to file their annual Form 990. It also includes the June 16 and Sept. 15 deadlines for making quarterly estimated tax payments.
A variety of business tax deadlines are affected, including the April 30 and July 31 deadlines for quarterly payroll and excise tax returns.
Severe Weather Aid
Severe Weather-Alabama Aid