Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Wed May 7, 2014
Tax Deadlines Delayed In 4 Alabama Counties
Victims of the severe storms and flooding last week in Alabama may qualify for some tax relief.
The Internal Revenue Service says the four counties declared disaster areas by the president - Limestone, Jefferson, Lee and Baldwin - also qualify for extended tax deadlines.
The IRS says some tax deadlines between April 28 and Oct. 15 have been postponed to Oct. 15. This includes the May 15 deadline for tax-exempt organizations to file their annual Form 990. It also includes the June 16 and Sept. 15 deadlines for making quarterly estimated tax payments.
A variety of business tax deadlines are affected, including the April 30 and July 31 deadlines for quarterly payroll and excise tax returns.
Severe Weather Aid
Severe Weather-Alabama Aid