Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Around the Nation
Thu March 20, 2014
Tattoo Of Handgun Triggers Call To Police
Originally published on Thu March 20, 2014 5:37 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Michael Smith, of Norridgewock, Maine, has a really convincing tattoo of a handgun on his lower stomach. This week, he woke up to a crew cutting trees outside. He marched out to tell them to stop with his shirt off. A bit later he woke up again, to a SWAT team with rifles trained. The tree cutters had mistaken his tattoo for a real gun tucked in his belt.
Smith told the police, quote, "I got plans today. I don't want to get shot." He was not charged.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.