Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri March 18, 2005
Task Force Will Consider Insurance Industry
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – A group of legislators, business people and insurance industry experts will turn their attention to insurance issues in the state. State Insurance Commissioner Walter Bell will chair the Hurricane Insurance Issues Task Force. It will begin meeting next week and will recommend proposals to bring stability to the market. It was created after months of complaints related to recovery efforts after Hurricane Ivan hit the state. One potential topic is Alfa's recent announcement that it will cancel wind damage coverage. The move would affect about 23-hundred homes in Mobile and Baldwin counties.