Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed February 23, 2005
SYSCO Will Come to Geneva
By Alabama Public Radio
Geneva, AL – SYSCO Corporation is planning to operate a distribution center in Geneva. SYSCO is based in Texas and is North America's largest food service company. It plans to purchase an existing warehouse, and the operation is expected to create 227 new jobs. It could employ as many as 800. The new company will be named SYSCO Food Services-Gulf Coast and will begin conducting business sometime later this year. The company says it has wanted to extend its food services operations in south Alabama and the northern Gulf Coast.