Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Sun January 27, 2013
SW Ala. May See Deer Season Pushed into February
A state official says he wants to push back the deer hunting season in southwest Alabama so that it goes into February.
WKRG-TV reports (http://bit.ly/Wam6OM ) Alabama Conservation Commissioner Gunter Guy says ending the deer season on Feb. 10 as opposed to Jan. 31 would take advantage of a late-season rut when deer are more active and easier to hunt.
There would be a trade-off for hunters. The conservation commission wouldn't open the deer season until 10 days later in December.
If approved, the change would take effect next year. A decision could be made as soon as this March.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.