Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Thu September 27, 2012
Suspect in Auburn Pool Party Shooting Due in Court
A man accused of opening fire at an Auburn pool party is expected in court on Thursday.
Authorities say 22-year-old Desmonte Leonard is expected to enter a plea at the court appearance.
Leonard, who has been indicted on charges that include capital murder, faces trial in the killing of two former Auburn University football players and another man.
Police say Leonard opened fire with a .40-caliber pistol at a pool party near the Auburn campus on June 9. Former Auburn football players Edward Christian and Ladarious Phillips were killed along with DeMario Pitts of Opelika. Wounded were current Auburn player Eric Mack and two Roanoke men, Xavier Moss and John Robertson.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press