Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Arts & Life
Thu September 27, 2012
Suspect in Auburn Pool Party Shooting Due in Court
A man accused of opening fire at an Auburn pool party is expected in court on Thursday.
Authorities say 22-year-old Desmonte Leonard is expected to enter a plea at the court appearance.
Leonard, who has been indicted on charges that include capital murder, faces trial in the killing of two former Auburn University football players and another man.
Police say Leonard opened fire with a .40-caliber pistol at a pool party near the Auburn campus on June 9. Former Auburn football players Edward Christian and Ladarious Phillips were killed along with DeMario Pitts of Opelika. Wounded were current Auburn player Eric Mack and two Roanoke men, Xavier Moss and John Robertson.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press