Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon June 11, 2012
Supreme Court's Ruling On Health Care Law Looms
Originally published on Mon June 11, 2012 9:15 am
We could hear as soon as this morning how the Supreme Court rules on the most-anticipated issue of the year: the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act — better known as the health care overhaul enacted in 2010 with the support of President Obama and his fellow Democrats over the opposition of Republicans.
The decision will be released for sure before the end of the month, Supreme Court watchers say.
For those who want to get their minds ready, might we suggest:
-- Nina Totenberg's Morning Edition report on the legal history of the Commerce Clause of the Constitution.
-- The related reporting our friends on the Shots blog have done in recent years, which is collected in their "Policy-ish" tab.
-- Today's New York Times story headlined "Hospitals Aren't Waiting For Verdict On Health Care Law."
-- SCOTUSBlog's Monday round-up.
Update at 10:15 a.m. ET: No health care ruling today.