Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Sat January 18, 2014
A Supersilly Super Bowl 'What If ... ?'
We're only a few Sundays shy of the big game, so here's a Super Bowl warm-up video, a "What if ... ?"
What if a sportscaster from Britain who knows absolutely nothing about American football — whose only expertise is in rugby — were thrown on the air during an important semi-final game between Alabama and Notre Dame and had to make instant sense of what he saw? Things like first downs, field goals, umpire uniforms, and flags on the play are totally new to him.
If he had to do play-by-play off the cuff, what would he say? Well, if the world were gloriously, happily nutty, here's how it might go: