Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Around the Nation
Wed June 12, 2013
Stuck On The Tarmac, Passengers Break Into Song
Originally published on Thu June 13, 2013 4:53 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. A flight from Las Vegas to Phoenix this week was delayed and delayed, passengers stuck on the tarmac for four hours without air conditioning or water in 108-degree heat. A YouTube post said some passengers got sick, but, quote, to "avoid a mutiny," others joined together in song: R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly."
UNIDENTIFIED GROUP: (Singing) I believe I can fly.
MONTAGNE: Eventually they did fly, on their second plane. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.