Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Around the Nation
Tue August 14, 2012
Striking Resemblance: Drew Brees, President Hayes
Originally published on Tue August 14, 2012 5:58 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. A listener of sports radio station WWL noticed an uncanny resemblance. Saints quarterback Drew Brees is the spitting image of the 19th president of the United States, Rutherford B. Hayes - that is, long before he grew that long, gray beard. Who knew Hayes was handsome? The station wrote a note to his presidential center, which did see the likeness, but thought the young Rutherford B. Hayes looked a lot more like Daniel Day-Lewis. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.