Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Arts & Life
Thu June 5, 2014
Storms Cause Power Outages In North Alabama
Power is out in parts of north Alabama after storms moved across the area.
Huntsville Utilities says a line of storms with lightning and winds knocked out electrical service in the Hazel Green area of Madison County on Thursday.
Crews were working on that outage along with several smaller ones in the area.
The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning for parts of Madison and Limestone counties after as much as 3 inches of rain fell in a brief period.
Forecasters say another 2 inches of rain is possible in parts of the Tennessee Valley.
The weather service says strong storms with damaging winds and large hail are possible in central Alabama in an area that includes metro Birmingham.