Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Arts & Life
Thu June 5, 2014
Storms Cause Power Outages In North Alabama
Power is out in parts of north Alabama after storms moved across the area.
Huntsville Utilities says a line of storms with lightning and winds knocked out electrical service in the Hazel Green area of Madison County on Thursday.
Crews were working on that outage along with several smaller ones in the area.
The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning for parts of Madison and Limestone counties after as much as 3 inches of rain fell in a brief period.
Forecasters say another 2 inches of rain is possible in parts of the Tennessee Valley.
The weather service says strong storms with damaging winds and large hail are possible in central Alabama in an area that includes metro Birmingham.