Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Tue November 26, 2013
Storm Will Bring Chance For Snow In Northern Ala.
Forecasters are predicting a mixture of rain, snow and sleet across parts of northern Alabama Tuesday before the precipitation changes to all snow late Tuesday night.
The National Weather Service predicts less than a half-inch of new snow and sleet accumulation in cities such as Huntsville and Florence. Higher amounts will be possible at higher elevations of northeast Alabama, such as areas near Lookout Mountain.
Forecasters say that some icy and slick spots on roads will develop, especially on bridges, overpasses and less-traveled secondary roads.
The storm is part of a larger system that threatens to disrupt plans of travelers on the East Coast just before the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend.