Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Arts & Life
Wed December 25, 2013
Storm in Montgomery breaks rainfall record
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Forecasters say heavy rain over the weekend helped eclipse Montgomery's previous rainfall record. The Montgomery Advertiser reports the National Weather Service recorded 5 ½ inches of rain between Sunday and Monday at Dannelly Field. The previous record set on Dec. 22, 1920 was 3.42 inches. Meteorologist Holly Allen says the amount of rain that pelted Montgomery between Sunday and Monday was more than the city averaged for the entire month of December between 1981 and 2010.