Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue July 5, 2011
The Stories Behind Fort Morgan
Fort Morgan, Alabama – Civil War history buffs have a reason to head to the Alabama gulf coast this year, and not just for the beaches. Two forts, on either side of Mobile Bay, played a crucial role in the Civil War, which occured 150 years ago. One of those forts may be in trouble. Today, APR's Pat Duggins revisits Fort Morgan, which had the largest number of troops at any fort during the conflict.