Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Tue July 5, 2011
The Stories Behind Fort Morgan
Fort Morgan, Alabama – Civil War history buffs have a reason to head to the Alabama gulf coast this year, and not just for the beaches. Two forts, on either side of Mobile Bay, played a crucial role in the Civil War, which occured 150 years ago. One of those forts may be in trouble. Today, APR's Pat Duggins revisits Fort Morgan, which had the largest number of troops at any fort during the conflict.