Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Altered Student Grades
Mon October 15, 2012
State Team Investigating Grade Change Allegations
A three-member investigative team appointed by the state Department of Education is looking into allegations of mass grade changes at three public high schools in Montgomery. School Superintendent Barbara Thompson sought the department's help earlier this month after the Montgomery Advertiser reported that teachers who worked in Robert E. Lee, Jeff Davis and Sidney Lanier high schools said they witnessed or participated in the improper changing of hundreds of grades. A spokeswoman for the department of education says that the investigative team held its first meeting Monday to review information and formulate a plan. The next step will be a review of all student information within Montgomery's high schools. The probe will operate in conjunction with a separate investigation approved by the Montgomery Board of Education. Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.