Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Thu March 18, 2004
State Tax Returns On Time?
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Your state income tax refund might actually arrive on time this year. Governor Bob Riley says he expects there to be no delays.
The Governor says it would be the first time that's happened since the mid-1990s. So far, nearly 151 million dollars in state tax refunds have been sent to more than 500-thousand residents. The state Revenue Department expects to process more than a million tax returns by July 15th.
The average state income tax refund has been around 260-dollars.