Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu March 18, 2004
State Tax Returns On Time?
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Your state income tax refund might actually arrive on time this year. Governor Bob Riley says he expects there to be no delays.
The Governor says it would be the first time that's happened since the mid-1990s. So far, nearly 151 million dollars in state tax refunds have been sent to more than 500-thousand residents. The state Revenue Department expects to process more than a million tax returns by July 15th.
The average state income tax refund has been around 260-dollars.