Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu May 27, 2004
State Tax Refunds Are On Time
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery. AL – For the first time in years, Alabama taxpayers can expect to get their tax refund checks on time. So far, revenue officials have paid about 295 million dollars worth of refunds to more than 945-thousand taxpayers. The timely payments were made largely possible by 75 million dollars in funding from the federal government. This allowed the state to pay refunds and keep the education budget balanced. The Alabama Department of Revenue processed 187-thousand returns this year, and plans to issue 460 million dollars in tax refunds.