Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Sun October 27, 2013
State Seeks Director For Alabama Bicentennial
Alabama's 200th birthday is coming up, and the state is looking for someone to be in charge of the party.
Directors of the Alabama Bicentennial Commission are now accepting resumes for the position of executive director.
The vice chairman of the commission, state Tourism Director Lee Sentell, said Saturday the celebration will culminate in 2019. That's the 200th anniversary of Alabama's establishment as a state in 1819.
Sentell says the commission is looking for someone with experience in non-profit organizations and event marketing. Directors also hope to find someone with in-depth knowledge of Alabama history. The job begins Jan. 1.
The salary for the position isn't yet set.
Legislators established the Bicentennial Commission earlier this year.
Alabama Bicentennial Commission bill