Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Fri December 13, 2013
State Rep. Jamie Ison Of Mobile Won't Run Again
Republican state Rep. Jamie Ison of Mobile says she won't seek re-election next year.
Ison was elected to represent House District 101 in 2002. She was re-elected in 2006 and 2010. Ison said Friday she will retire at the end of her term to focus her attention on her real estate career and her volunteer work.
During her three terms, Ison has chaired the Mobile County House delegation and the House state government committee. She has also served on the House education budget committee. She sponsored the 2012 legislation that increased the retirement age for new state employees.