Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Fri December 13, 2013
State Rep. Jamie Ison Of Mobile Won't Run Again
Republican state Rep. Jamie Ison of Mobile says she won't seek re-election next year.
Ison was elected to represent House District 101 in 2002. She was re-elected in 2006 and 2010. Ison said Friday she will retire at the end of her term to focus her attention on her real estate career and her volunteer work.
During her three terms, Ison has chaired the Mobile County House delegation and the House state government committee. She has also served on the House education budget committee. She sponsored the 2012 legislation that increased the retirement age for new state employees.