Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon July 19, 2004
State To Receive Federal Alzheimer's Grant
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – 25 of Alabama's 67 counties will receive a federal grant to benefit Alzheimer's programs. Governor Riley and state Department of Senior Services Director Irene Collins say the grant is for more than 311 thousand dollars a year for three years...totaling about one million dollars. Riley says the grant will allow the state to provide training, education and services to better the lives of those with Alzheimer's. The grant was given as part of the Alzheimer's Disease Demonstration Grants to States Program.