Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed May 19, 2004
State Prepares for Safe Boating Week
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Safe Boating Week begins this Saturday and state Marine police are preparing to make sure boaters comply with state laws regarding life jackets. Part of their effort includes a new program where officers who cite boat operators for illegally allowing children onboard with life jackets will also provide those children with properly fitted life vests. Safe Boating Week will also be used to mark the 10th anniversary of Alabama's Roberson-Archer Boating Safety Reform Act, which required operator licensing and established Boating Under the Influence laws. Alabama has more than 400-thousand licensed boat operators.