Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Alabama Turkey Season
Wed May 8, 2013
State Panel Reverses Turkey Season Decision
A state panel has reversed its decision to close fall turkey season in Alabama after hearing complaints from hunters.
The Daily Home of Talladega (http://bit.ly/ZNNJQv ) reports that the Alabama Department of Conservation Advisory Board changed course during a public meeting at Joe Wheeler State Park.
The board's decision in March to eliminate the fall season in the six counties where it's allowed ruffled the feathers of turkey hunters across the state.
While the board agreed to allow turkey hunting in the fall, it didn't vote to open the fall turkey season back to the original dates. Instead, members are giving turkey hunters one week to hunt turkeys in November and another week in December.
The fall turkey season previously was open from Nov. 21-Jan. 1 each year.