Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri October 5, 2012
State officials To Rework Consulting Contract
Alabama's agriculture department is reworking a proposed $288,000 consulting contract. Agriculture officials on Thursday pulled the item from the agenda of the Legislative Contract Review Committee. Commissioner John McMillan said he wanted to rework the contract's terms and expand its description. The committee's agenda had included a two-year, $288,000 deal with lobbyist and former state Rep. Noopie Cosby Jr. The contract requires him to create significant agriculture product exporting and rural development programs, among other duties, for McMillan. Cosby has been developing projects for McMillan since 2011. McMillan said he spoke with the committee chairman, Republican Sen. Bill Holtzclaw of Madison, and decided that the contract should show more detail on what is involved. Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.