Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed February 23, 2005
State Moves Closer to Revising Meetings Law
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The House Judiciary Committee Wednesday approved a bill that would revise the state's open meetings law. The proposal specifies which meetings must be open to the public and how much notice must be given before meetings. It also would require meetings of committees and subcommittees to be open. Representative Blaine Galliher sponsors the bill and says he believes it could could come to the House floor sometime in the next several weeks. The bill has already passed the state Senate.