Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed February 18, 2004
State Focusing on White Collar Crime
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The state is making a push to improve prosecution of white collar crimes. Ten state agencies have formed the Economic Crime Alliance of Alabama. Joseph Borg, director of the state Securities Commission, says the alliance will exchange information about corporate crime suspects. Agencies also will share financial and legal expertise. Attorney General Bill Pryor says the group will address the growing number of corporate crimes in the state. Those involved say they hope the cooperation will make it easier to solve white collar crimes.