Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Mon February 21, 2005
State Businessman Helps with Russian Lottery
By Alabama Public Radio
Undated – An effort to begin a national lottery in Russia has a tie to Alabama. Dog track owner Milton McGregor is among several American businessmen who are helping with the venture. McGregor is a board member of Global Trust Partners, the group financing the Russian lottery. McGregor says he's excited about the business project, and he says he's considering some non-gaming opportunities in Russia. McGregor owns the VictoryLand greyhound track in Macon County.