Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon January 17, 2005
State Banking Superintendent Resigns
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Governor Riley announced Friday that Anthony Humphries will resign as State Banking Superintendent. Humphries will stay on with the administration until the end of January. He says he wants to be able to spend more time with his family in Oxford. Riley appointed Humphries as Superintendent at the beginning of his administration in 2003. The Governor says he considers Humphries a friend who has done an outstanding job serving the citizens of Alabama. Humphries, meanwhile, also says Alabama has a strong banking environment thanks to the hard work and dedication of the state's employees. Under Humphries' supervisions, the Banking Department recently accomplished the revision of the minimum audit standards regulations.