Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Politics & Government
Fri May 30, 2014
State agents bust three Moonshiners
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Agents with the Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control Board have found three illegal moonshine stills in less than a week. The ABC Board says its Moonshine Task Force found a nearly complete still at a home in Ashford in southeast Alabama on Saturday night. The homeowner was charged with possession of prohibited beverages and possession of marijuana. Agents found a still in a wood area near Titus in central Alabama on Monday. No arrest was made. Then another still was found Tuesday in a wooded area still the Still Crossroads community in central Alabama. No arrest was made. It was the second still found near the rural community this month. The Moonshine Task Force was created in October and has destroyed 20 illegal stills so far.