Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue November 16, 2004
Special Session Ends
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Governor Bob Riley is calling the end of the special session a great victory for Alabama taxpayers. The session concluded early Tuesday when the legislature approved a package of bills to address health insurance costs for state employees. Riley says the reform package will save the state more than 300 million dollars during the next five years. The governor is expected to sign the bills at 10:30 Wednesday morning in the Old Archives Room of the State Capitol.