Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Government Corruption-Grand Jury
Mon May 5, 2014
Special Lee County Grand Jury Meets Next Week
A special Lee County grand jury that has been investigating possible government corruption will meet again next week.
The state attorney general's office filed court papers saying the grand jury will be in session May 13-16.
The court papers were filed in the case of Republican state Rep. Barry Moore of Enterprise. He turned himself in April 24 in Opelika after the special grand jury indicted him on charges of perjury and giving false statements to law enforcement.
He is the second legislator to face charges resulting from the investigation. Earlier in the month, Republican state Rep. Greg Wren of Montgomery pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor ethics charge and agreed to cooperate with state investigators.
Special Grand Jury
Politics & Government