Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed January 28, 2004
Southern Baptists Question World Alliance
By Alabama Public Radio
Dallas, TX – There's a debate among members of the Southern Baptist Convention whether to withdraw funding for the Baptist World Alliance. The Convention is the largest of the Alliance's 211 unions and conventions. One of the Southern Baptist Convention's study panels says the Alliance has become too liberal and openly advocates dangerous theologies. The panel also accuses the Alliance of showing an anti-American tone, promoting women as pastors and refusing to talk openly about abortion. The Southern Baptist Convention's executive committee will vote on the recommendation next month. If it passes, the proposal would go before the convention's membership in June.