Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon September 13, 2004
Southeast Alabama Begins Preparing for Ivan
By Alabama Public Radio
Geneva, AL – Emergency management officials in Geneva County have issued a mandatory evacuation order for mobile home residents. Everyone living in manufactured housing must evacuate by one o'clock tomorrow afternoon. Local E-M-A workers say they fear strong winds from Hurricane Ivan could cause some mobile homes to overturn. In Dale County, officials at Fort Rucker are closely monitoring the storm. The Army says the storm prompted commanders to implement a severe weather preparedness level known as HUR-CON Four. The designation requires Army aircraft to be secured.