Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue February 24, 2004
South Alabama Soldiers Will Return Home
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – Some Alabama soldiers will return to America this week. About 100 members of the 226th Area Support Group of Mobile are scheduled to arrive at Fort Benning, Georgia Wednesday. The Alabama Army National Guard unit was mobilized for Operation Iraqi Freedom last February. The 226th supported U-S Central Command and directed the command and control of logistics operations for more than 120-thousand troops in Kuwait and Iraq. More than 78-hundred Alabama Army and Air National Guard troops have been activated for Operations Noble Eagle, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom since September 11th, 2001.