Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Tue February 24, 2004
South Alabama Soldiers Will Return Home
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – Some Alabama soldiers will return to America this week. About 100 members of the 226th Area Support Group of Mobile are scheduled to arrive at Fort Benning, Georgia Wednesday. The Alabama Army National Guard unit was mobilized for Operation Iraqi Freedom last February. The 226th supported U-S Central Command and directed the command and control of logistics operations for more than 120-thousand troops in Kuwait and Iraq. More than 78-hundred Alabama Army and Air National Guard troops have been activated for Operations Noble Eagle, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom since September 11th, 2001.