Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed November 17, 2004
South Alabama Plant Will Close
By Alabama Public Radio
Foley, AL – A plant in Foley will eliminate about 170 jobs over the next few months. A spokesperson for Delphi Corporation says the Delphi Mechatronic Systems plant could close as early as February. The plant produces circuit boards for automotive and domestic appliances. The spokesperson says reduced sales, global competition and discontinued products all contributed to the closing. Many of the jobs now performed at the plant will move to Asia and Mexico. The director of the Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance says the closing will be a significant economic loss to the area.