Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Gay marriage update, homeless census and National Drug Facts Week
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
Wed December 25, 2013
Some UPS Deliveries Are Running Behind
Originally published on Wed December 25, 2013 6:04 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
We'll begin NPR's business with some empty Christmas stockings.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: All right, if you're stocking was empty this morning, don't blame the Grinch. UPS acknowledged yesterday that some gifts guaranteed for Christmas Eve delivery did not reach their destinations.
Spokeswoman Natalie Godwin said the volume of air packages in the system exceeded the capacity of the world's largest parcel delivery service. She would not say how many packages are stuck in transit somewhere, but apologized for the delays, and estimated that most would be delivered by tomorrow because the men and women in brown have the holiday itself off. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.