Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Thu March 25, 2004
Soldiers Return Home from Iraq
By Alabama Public Radio
Goodwater, AL – Members of the Alabama National Guard's 12-08th Quartermaster Company are back home in Coosa County. The unit's 130 members went on active duty in February of last year. The group handled water distribution for coalition forces in Iraq. The unit arrived in the United States last week and spent a week at Fort Benning, Georgia before coming back to Goodwater Wednesday. Family members welcomed the soldiers home. Goodwater Mayor Lonnie Caldwell says a larger celebration will be held later. Caldwell says it's a blessing the unit has come back home with no casualties.