Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu August 19, 2004
Sixth West Nile Victim Recovers
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – A Mobile County man who was this year's sixth reported case of the West Nile virus has fully recovered. The man is in his late 20s. He lives near Creola in the northern part of the county. The state health department has not confirmed the man's case, because it's waiting for lab results that will determine when he contracted the virus. There have been no West Nile-related deaths reported in Mobile County this year. Of the six infected, four were in their 70s and 80s and one was under the age of 18. Mobile is still the only county in the state to report any human infections.