Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu January 29, 2004
Sixth Anniversary of Birmingham Clinic Bombing
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – Thursday is the sixth anniversary of the bomb blast that killed a police officer and injured a nurse at the New Woman All Women Health Clinic in Birmingham. Eric Robert Rudolph faces federal charges for the bombing. His trial is scheduled to begin in Birmingham in August. However, his attorneys want it moved out of Alabama. Attorney Richard Jaffe says most people polled in areas of north Alabama have heard of the case. He also says most believe Rudolph is guilty and should be sentenced to death. Rudolph's defense team has asked that Friday's deadline to request a location change be extended.