Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Alabama State President
Wed November 28, 2012
Silver Says He Did Not Get Cooperation At ASU
Suspended Alabama State University President Joseph Silver said he did not receive cooperation from top university officials concerning the school's finances.
An executive committee of the board placed Silver on paid administrative leave Monday after Silver tried to fire executive vice president John Knight. Knight is a state representative from Montgomery.
Silver said in a written statement Wednesday that while reviewing the university's financial information, he had questions and no one would give him answers or provide requested documentation.
The full board of trustees had scheduled a meeting for Thursday to discuss the president's position, but have agreed to delay that meeting until Gov. Robert Bentley returns from an industry-hunting trip to Europe.
Knight says he did not receive notice from Silver that he was being fired.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
Business & Education