Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Arts & Life
Sun April 20, 2014
Signs to point out Muscle Shoals Musical History
MUSCLE SHOALS, Ala. (AP) — Signs will soon point visitors to The Shoals region toward the musical landmarks that made the area famous. Judy Sizemore, director of Muscle Shoals National Heritage Area, said there are plans to place at least 10 signs in Muscle Shoals and others throughout the area. The TimesDaily reports that the sites focus on the region's music recording history, including the story of the FAME and the Muscle Shoals Sound recording studios. The signs are part of a larger project, The Roots of American Music Trail, and will feature the trail logo and a directional arrow. Josh Everett, of Johnson and Associates Engineering, said the trail is being patterned somewhat like the Mississippi Blues Trail that has more than 150 markers across Mississippi and 11 markers scattered outside the state