Most Active Stories
- Medicaid Expansion in Alabama: The Battle of the Five Armies
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- Obama to speak in Birmingham, Medicaid expansion opposition and Alabama bike summit
- Obama visits Birmingham, Medicaid expansion, tuberculosis testing at Homewood High School
- Obama to visit Birmingham, Charter Schools bill passed, Aerofest
Siegelman To Prison
Mon September 10, 2012
Siegelman On Way To La. To Complete Prison Term
Former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman said he was in "good spirits" as he prepared to enter prison to complete a 78-month sentence for his federal government corruption conviction. Siegelman has been ordered to report to federal prison in Oakdale, La., by 2 p.m. Tuesday. The man who has served in four of Alabama's top elected offices, said he is optimistic he will eventually be pardoned by President Obama. Siegelman was being driven across three states Monday by his grown children, Dana and Joseph, and his wife, Lori. It is about 450 miles from his Birmingham home to the southwest Louisiana prison. Siegelman said he has more than 19,000 signatures on his petition seeking clemency, but does not plan to have it presented to Obama until after the November election. Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
Siegelman To DNC
Politics & Government
Siegelman Seeks Pardon