Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- Medicaid Expansion in Alabama: The Battle of the Five Armies
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Obama to visit Birmingham, Charter Schools bill passed, Aerofest
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Siegelman To DNC
Thu August 30, 2012
Siegelman Gets Permission To Go Democratic CVN
A federal judge has given former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman permission to travel to Charlotte, N.C., next week to attend the Democratic National Convention. The convention is a week before Siegelman is to report to a federal prison in Louisiana to finish his 78-month sentence. U.S. District Judge Mark Fuller said Siegelman can travel to Charlotte Sept. 3-6. Fuller ordered Siegelman to advise his probation officer of his flight plans and hotel plans. Siegelman plans to lobby at the convention for President Obama to grant his request for clemency. Fuller said Siegelman was not a flight risk and could go to the convention. But he repeated a concern he expressed at the sentencing hearing that Siegelman "continues to question the integrity" of the judicial system. Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
Siegelman Seeks Pardon
Politics & Government
Siegelman Back To Prison