Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri July 23, 2004
Siegelman Case Will Continue
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – U-S District Judge U-W Clemon says the case against former Governor Don Siegelman will continue despite the upcoming Democratic National Convention. The convention will begin in Boston Monday. Siegelman's defense attorneys asked the judge to postpone a hearing scheduled for Wednesday. Their concern is whether Doug Jones can represent Siegelman in court. Jones is also an elected convention delegate. Jack Drake, Jones' law partner, filed a one-page request asking Judge Clemon to delay the hearing one week. However, Clemon rejected the request.