Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Arts & Life
Wed December 12, 2012
Sheriff to Inspect Games for Ala. Casino Restart
The sheriff of Macon County is planning to inspect new gambling machines being installed in VictoryLand in anticipation of the casino reopening soon.
An attorney for VictoryLand owner Milton McGregor said Sheriff David Warren will be at the casino in Shorter on Wednesday afternoon.
VictoryLand was once Alabama's largest casino with more than 6,000 games. It shut down in 2010 under pressure from the governor's gambling task force. The casino maintained that its games were legal electronic bingo, but the task force labeled them illegal slots.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.