Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri April 9, 2004
Shelby Says Rice Gave Strong Testimony
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, DC – U-S Senator Richard Shelby says National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice gave strong testimony Thursday. Rice faced the country's 9-11 Commission to talk about Bush administration actions before the September 11th, 2001 attacks. Shelby says Rice's remarks brought clarity to the issue. He also says attention should be focus on the country's intelligence community. Shelby says the attacks may have been prevented if America's intelligence operations had worked cooperatively and had the proper technological framework in place. He says partisan politics must be set aside to improve national security.